Become a member
If you are an organisation involved in local government in the Commonwealth: a ministry, an association or a council, your members and staff will benefit from belonging to CLGF.
As a member of CLGF you will:
- receive a regular e-news and a twice a year newsletter about CLGF activities and events and other relevant information and publications
- be eligible for special CLGF member rates at CLGF conferences and events, including the bi-ennial Commonwealth Local Government Conference, one of the key international local government events
- have access to CLGF's wide network of members and contacts in local government throughout the Commonwealth
- have access to CLGF research studies and other publications
- have access to CLGF's expert database, and be able to put your politicians and staff forward to be in the database if you have the necessary experience and skills
- be eligible to apply to get involved with projects to work with partners in other countries on particular technical and capacity building projects
- join specific sector networks such as the CLGF Commonwealth Sustainable Cities Network, the CLGF Research Advisory Grioup or the CLGF regional networks
- be part of an international network promoting local government and democracy throughout the Commonwealth.
Academic and research institutions and other related organisations working with local government can join as associate members.
You must be based in a Commonwealth country to be a full member of CLGF. Relevant organisations in non-Commonwealth countries can join as members with observer status.
See Guidelines on applying for membership
For more information
For more information about becoming a member of CLGF please contact us at membership[at]clgf.org.uk