Sharing policy and practice
CLGF promotes the exchange of experience and information between spheres of government and with partner organisations who work with local government to:
- promote greater understanding of local government trends
- share experience, innovation and good practice
- help member local authorities to deliver better services and governance
- develop policy recommendations.
It does this through:
- conferences and events, including the bi-ennial Commonwealth local government conference
- workshops and practitioner meetings
- the Commonwealth Local Government Handbook, a reference guide to local government in the Commonwealth, which includes country profiles of the local government systems in all the countries of the Commonwealth
- publications including research publications, including the Commonwealth e-journal of local governance and research reports on specific local government issues
- policy topic guides and briefings
- case studies
- the CLGF website and knowledge hub.
CLGF also has a number of knowledge sharing networks including
- the Commonwealth Women in Local Government network (ComWLG)
- CLGF Research Advisory Group (RAG)
- the Commonwealth Sustainable Cities Network.