- Sustainable Urbanisation – A Call to Action
- As part of preparations for the 2020 Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting that was due to be held in Kigali, Rwanda in June 2020, the Commonwealth Local Government Forum, the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the Commonwealth Association of Architects and the Commonwealth Association of Planners, in collaboration with the Rwandan Ministry of Infrastructure, the Rwandan Ministry of Local Government and The Prince’s Foundation, with support from other Commonwealth organisations, governmental, professional and technical partners, have been working together as the Commonwealth Sustainable Cities Initiative, to promote a Call to Action on Sustainable Urbanisation in the Commonwealth https://www.clgf.org.uk/whats-new/news/sustainable-urbanisation-call-to-action/ . For more on the Commonwealth Sustainable Cities Initiative, and the range of online programmes curated by the partnership, visit the partnership website https://commonwealthsustainablecities.org/
- Support to the Rapid Planning Toolkit Training Courses: https://www.clgf.org.uk/whats-new/news/rapid-planning-toolkit-training-launch/
- A Youth Network to Guide Sustainable Urbanisation: https://www.clgf.org.uk/whats-new/news/youth-network-to-guide-sustainable-urbanisation/
- The Healthy People Healthy Cities Initiative - Working with partners: BOVA network; RBM Partnership to End Malaria;UN Habitat; and Uniting to Combat NTDs; in January 2021, city leaders came together to agree a common position and Framework for Action to be presented at CHOGM in Kigali, bringing city and community leaders into the highest levels of decision-making with respect to the prevention and control of high-risk vector-borne diseases and Neglected Tropical Diseases. Read the Common Position.
- Belize City Urban Sustainability and Smart City Project (Belize City) - https://www.clgf.org.uk/whats-new/news/belize-city-council-signs-mou-with-clgf/
CLGF is supporting a 15-month, pilot City Demonstration Project in Belize City; which is responding to city challenges by implementing an Urban Sustainability strategy which focuses on enhancing affordable housing supply; slum upgrade through participatory Public Space Enhancement; and integrated urban planning (data management, cultural heritage etc.), to support improved inclusivity, reduced inequalities, enhanced resilience and provision of adequate social services
- Bloomberg Philanthropies 2021 Mayors Challenge
CLGF partnered with Bloomberg Philanthropies to reach out to eligible CSCN city members and support 2021 applications The Challenge will support 50 innovative cities in implementing their urban solutions in the wake of COVID-19, sharing best practice globally.
For further information about joining the network please email email@example.com.
Inclusive Urban Growth
Successful, safe, and sustainable cities: making cities fit for the future
Cities 2030: vision, leadership, and public service excellence.